I am dedicating this to myself and to those who need a little loving reminder that life IS amazing. To always see beauty in life…even if it’s not pretty every day.
1. Laughter cures almost all of lifes ills. – suffering can be overcome with laughter and love. Find the things that make you happy, the people that make you happy, the places.. anything. The secret to happiness is the acceptance of yourself.
2. Yoga Kicks Ass. – It cures the soul. Yoga teaches us that we are perfect just the way we are. Yoga is a journey & the study of ourselves. It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever discovered in my life and I can 100% say it has changed my life.
3. Pain is a part of life – whether it be bumps and bruises as a baby, broken bones as a kid, heartbreak as a teenager, loss of a loved one, or sad tragedy in the family… we all experience it in one form or another. It’s a part of life. Why does it happen? I don’t know. I do know that Life is an uphill battle – but it is beautiful. It is okay to be sad. It is okay to cry. It is okay to be afraid of being afraid. Feeling pain just shows that you are alive.
4. Have that Best Friend. – But don’t have so many. Find those few who you cherish. If you’re lucky enough to find one… they can be your soul mate, your struggle and strength, the reason you don’t feel so alone in the world. Thank you to my 2 best friends who inspire me every day to be the best I can be. You know who you are and I love you both.
5. Get Outside once a day. For however long the time may be.. It is quite inspiring to be out with nature.
6. Pilsbury Cookies are a religion. Eat the dough. Bake a full batch of cookies. You really only live once.
7. Family doesn’t have to be blood. Family are the people who are there for you through thick and thin. The people who make you wake up each day and be happy about life. Surround yourself with these people – and forget the ones who don’t. But be thankful for everyone you encounter – as hard as it is – some people teach you & some people use you but there are others who bring out the best in you – keep those people around.
8. Handstands help the soul. – Plain and simple. Get upside down today.
9. Play an Instrument, sing or dance. – no words can describe the feeling of being able to pick up an instrument and make a tune or play your favourite song. Sing and Dance every day – music is the universal language.
10. Breakfast food is good at any time of the day. Period.
11. Take Thousands of Pictures. You will look back on these and be thankful. Pictures are memories frozen in time – and things change in the blink of an eye – it is nice to have photos to look back on.
12. Get a Dog. – Have a pet dog once in your life. The Love from a dog is indescribable and you can always count on them. They will never let you down.
13. Look Good and Show Up No matter how tired you are. – My mom always taught me to put the make up on, do your hair, show up looking good and feeling good and it will make a drastic change in your day.
14. Get to know a lot about your Grandparents. – Whether you’ve met them or not. Whether they are on this earth or not. Find out stories about them. How was their childhood, their life, their career. Find out where you’re from. They will teach you so many lessons that will be valuable to you.
15. School is not for everyone. You can be very successful without having a sheet of paper saying congratulations. But finish high school.
16. Sleep. – get enough hours of sleep and you will feel good. No need for “I don’t have time” yes you do. Put the computer and the phone down and sleep. Naps – take them. 20-30 minutes. My dad taught me about power naps – life changing.
17. Watch your Health. – Just monitor it. Being your healthiest and happiest you is the best you.
18. Teach. – Teach something. Fitness, Business, Personal, Kids, Elderly… whatever and whoever it may be teach somebody something once a day. Learning is such a big key to life. Knowledge isn’t power but communicating and sharing is.
19. Spend the money on the stuff you use the most. – For me the most expensive stuff I buy is my makeup, skin care, shoes and food. Other then that I’m cheap. But do spend the money on the things you use in your daily life.
20. Accept Life just the way it is. Every day wake up feeling grateful and tell yourself “I’m ok. I’ll always be ok.”
21. Never underestimate the power of love. I have this tattooed on my wrist and it reminds me every day that love is the most powerful force there is. It comes in all forms. Love Challenges you, strengthens you, hurts you, betrays you, teaches you, motivates you, and loves you. Whether it be the love of your pet, your best friend, your family, a place, or the love you have within and for yourself it is the most beautiful thing in life.